Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Viola's Mail Time

One of the biggest factors pushing me to home school my kids was the fact that my six year old daughter could barely read her own name.  We made a goal that for her 7th Birthday (which happened this week) she would be able to read her birthday cards all on her own.  This is a skill her sister had years before turning seven.  Last summer, we started to work on her reading more seriously and this fall began Saxon Phonics I.  We now spend at least an hour a day focused on improving her reading.  I am so proud of all she has accomplished. 

As part of her learning, I have this fun idea. Viola has recently very badly wanted to do a youtube channel.  Since its her birthday week, she has gotten some cards in the mail.  So now as part of her learning time, we are going to be shooting brief videos of her reading her mail.  Would you make my daughter's day and help her learn how to read by sending a SHORT message via the mail?


Maybe you have a learner who is learning how to write.  They may think it will be fun to send her a very short message via the mail. 

If I already know you in real life, I'll PM you my address.  If this becomes very popular, we'll get a PO BOX.  Message me on FB or email me if you want to participate:  nicoleulahr@gmail.com




She has already done the first video and it's ADORABLE.  Don't you want to see your message on Viola's Mail Time?   WATCH WHAT SHE HAS ALREADY DONE!  I got so tickled taping this because of what she says near the end. 



We will tweak the next few and keep working on the lighting and quality.  I hope you will join me in encouraging literacy!  We are planning to do this at least throughout the summer of 2017.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment